Thursday, January 8, 2009

monolator bootlegs!

Please tell me I'm not the only one suffering from a yuletide hangover. I started the new year, not partying like it's 1999 (or rather 2009), but holding my head and praying the cold medication would kick in. While things have drastically improved in the week since my New Year's Eve party for one (theme: ...but with a whimper), my overall enthusiasm for work is hovering around, oh, nil.

Thankfully, The Monolators have come riding to the rescue, banishing beginning-of-the-year apathy like the indie rock heroes that they are. Get this...free live bootlegs! Is it still punk rock if the band endorses it? Do I care?

Straight from the Monolator's mouth (Eli to be precise):

We recorded each show of our residency -- 4 weeks' worth in fact -- on my old cassette 4 track deck, and we're going to post a new one every week in January leading up to our show at the Echo with The Voyeurs on the 27th.

Intrigued? Grab a hi-fi sample here and head over to the Monolator blog to grab the whole down-and-dirty shebang.

Also: For those of you who are flush, may I also suggest investing in their recently released, imperative-based album Don't Dance1? After two months of listening I can safely vouch that it has yet to lose that oh-so-happy sonic cotton candy feel.

1.You're not the boss of me!

mp3: "I Must Be Dreaming" by The Monolators

No comments: