Tuesday, March 10, 2009

under the texas sky

It's that time of year again. Birds are singing, spring has sprung, and a young lady's thoughts turn to selling a kidney on the black market in exchange for SXSW tickets. (Takers? Anyone?)

I sadly, am not going. Chalk it up to bad timing, chalk it up to bad economy (personal and otherwise), chalk it up to not being able to break away from a full schedule (this one is a stretch.) And, to be perfectly honest, all this chalk was making me feel better (must have been the dust in the air from eraser clapping). That is, until I saw this:




Camera Obscura, and Chairlift and (my beloved) Loney Dear? My keyboard is wet with tears. So for those going to SXSW, please: enjoy. Take lots of pictures, take lots of notes, take time to let me live vicariously though you. Just don't rub it in too much, 'kay?

Edit: Now that Chairlift is playing in the big leagues, previous Mp3 freebies are considered "copyright infringement." Pity.

mp3: "Airport Surrondings" by Loney Dear
mp3: "Evident Utensil" by Chairlift
mp3: "Teenager" by Camera Obscura

No comments: