Friday, September 18, 2009

chairlift @ the troubadour

Seriously Chairlift, I love you. I really do. But...a headline set of eight songs and no encore? After June's killer Getty show, and of course the continuing Would-Be Hipster love affair with your debut album, I couldn't help but hope for a bit more. I'm happy you hit the highlights--"Le Flying Saucer Hat" is quite possibly one of my favorite new tunes. And who hasn't had a giddy moment while singling along to "Bruises?"(Which--for the record--you nailed.) It's just...huh?

In lieu of any additional content, I highly suggest you head on over to Eszter Zimanyi who has a top-notch video of "Garbage" from the set.

Setlist:

1. Garbage
2. Dixie Gypsy
3. Le Flying Saucer Hat
4. Evident Utensil
5. Territory
6. Planet Health
7. Earwig Town
8. Bruises

2 comments:

Eszter said...

you were at that show? no way! wish I would have known, I would have tried to find you and say hi haha. thanks for the plug!

Eszter said...

I am video obsessed. Are you going to see Amazing Baby at the Troubadour Wed? That's the next LA show I'll be at.